Thursday, March 15, 2012

Logans Stories





So i haven't had a new post in a very long time and I've been wanting to get back in the game but didn't know where to start so I thought i'd start with how I found out i was pregnant. To begin, Ryan and I had just moved to Little Rock for his security job. It felt nice to be on our own as a new married couple. We had only been married for three months so of course we were still in our honeymoon stage, babies was a far off thought. Then one night, in the middle of the night I threw up it was so strange cause i wasn't sick, but we had tacos for dinner that night so i though maybe the tacos just made me sick no big deal. Then the next morning I made french toast for breakfast. Ryan like to put a tone of syrup oh his french toast and we he did the smell completely overwhelmed me and it almost made me sick. I was like" Hunny oh that stinks". Of course Ryan joked,"hunny its syrup how can it stink, maybe your pregnant". "Ha Ha very funny", I replied there was no way I could be pregnant, I was on birth control. Little did I know there was a little Logan already in the making.

So all day i kept thinking, could i really be pregnant. So i got up went to walmart and got a test. Well I didn't do the test right so it came up as an error. Completely freaking i went back to walmart and got another test. I went home took the test and sure enough it came up positive. I couldn't believe it. So Ryan came home and I gave him the stick and he just laughed. I was still in denial over the stupid stick the plus was starting to fade, so we made another trip back to walmart to get yet another test. This time I got the Clear Blue test there are no plus signs or line just plain words that say pregnant, not pregnant, my kind of test. So we went home and took the test and it said pregnant. I didn't know what to think, by this time i was really freaking out, I mean we just got married, I was ready to have a baby yet, what would people say getting pregnant so fast. Ryan on the other hand was just fine with it, he was excited.

The next morning we decided to take one last test since the box had two tests in it. Also, its better to take the tests in the morning since the pregnancy hormones are more prominent. By this 4th test i was finally convinced, yup I'm pregnant and that morning just so happened to be Mothers Day. So I had my first Mothers Day and i didn't even plan on it. Logan has been the best surprise that has ever happened to me. I've now come to realize that things happen for a reason and obviously the little boy was just meant to come even if mom and dad weren't quite ready for him yet.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Wonderful story. It makes me laugh because when I found out I was pregnant with Noah I took a dollar tree test because I was tired of wasting money on tests. So I took it and saw a faint second line. I was afraid to believe it. I went and got the clear blue easy tests too. No more messing around with the lines. I want to know. So I took it and it was possitive and in the morning I took the other and then ended up getting another one. I just couldn't believe it. So your story reminded me of me. :)

cami said...

jeanette im glad im not the only one haha